Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Calorie Counting - Part of a Diabetic Diet?

Just thought I would say a little about calorie counting. Since many diabetic diets focus on weight loss, following a diabetic diet plan of low carb, high protein and low fat is great, but a good diabetic diet plan also keeps track of how many calories you consume on a daily basis.I saw on the last Olymics that Mark Phelps eats 10-12 thousand calories a day. And look at how skinny he is. No fat at all. I cannot even imagine how that is possible. Although they did say that he spends like 5 hours a day in the pool and being in a pool and swimming is supposed to be the best exercise there is. This is because you have resistance on all your muscles equally. I imagine this has a lot to do with the fact that he has no body fat.But, me anyway, I can't do that. Or at least I won't even try. So I have to do many things in my lifestyle to maintain my sugar level and weight loss goal. Counting calories is a part of my diabetic diet plan. I eat 2000 calories at a maximum per day, I try to eat less, but it doesn't always work out. I probably average about 2000 calories a day. Everybody should discuss this with their doctor as to what their specific daily caloric intake should be and try to adhere to that as closely as possible. It is very easy to do once you get used to it. You just have to make sure when you are looking at the Nutritional Facts information that you are paying attention to the SERVINGS PER CONTAINER amount. If there is 5 servings per container then you have to multiply this times each serving size to have the actual amount of calories are in the whole container. And as far as fast food goes, all fast food companies websites all contain the nutritional facts for their respective menus. The actual restaurants might not display this information, but their website will. For more information on how to live a diabetic daily life consisting of a diet and exercise lifestyle, feel free to visit my website.

No comments: