Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cardio training tips

Everyone will tell you what the best cardio training is. I will let you in on a big secret. The best cardio training exercise is the one that you like doing that will keep your heart rate in between 95 and 140 beats per minute for the time you have set for your goal. It is important to do something you like. I cannot stress that enough. If you try one thing and you do not like it do not say to yourself I cannot do this, just try something else and keep trying different things until you find something that you like. Try and be flexible. Once you find something you like, change it around a little bit. This way you do not wind up getting bored. I like the stationary bikes. So at the gym I ride a regular stationary bike, I bought a recumbent bike for my house and I even bought a couple of different regular bicycles which I ride around outside all the time. This is what I like. On the other hand, I know a lot of people who do all the different cardio machines at the gym all the time, you might like that much of a variety. Then of course you see the people who just jog all the time, even when it is cold. I guess that is what they like, so that works for them. What ever you like, that is the key. For more information on exercise tips for diabetics feel free to visit my exercise section on my website.

No comments: